We are excited that you are interested in the University of Washington Bothell and thinking about joining our Husky family! Information on how to start your online application is below. If at any time you have questions, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-352-5000. We're here to help!
What You Need to Apply as a Transfer Student
Be sure you have the following items as you start your online application:
- Personal Information: Name, date of birth, permanent and mailing address, email address, phone number, residency and citizenship information, parent/guardian information, income and household size.
- Educational Information: High school name, graduation date, college or university names, including dates attended.
- Official College Transcripts: We require official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts must be submitted in the original sealed envelope or sent directly from the college electronically in order to be considered official. More information can be found on the Transcripts page.
- Official Credit Evaluation: For post-secondary education completed outside of the United States, we require official transcripts be evaluated by an approved agency. All evaluations must be completed with official documents sent directly to the evaluation company from the institution. For more information, visit our Transfer Credit Policies page.
- Official High School Transcripts (if applicable): Required for transfer students with less than 40 transferrable college credits or who completed University Core Subject Requirements (World Languages and/or Intermediate Algebra) during high school. Transcripts must be submitted in the original sealed envelope or sent directly from the high school electronically in order to be considered official. More information can be found on the Transcripts page.
- Official SAT or ACT Test Scores with Writing (if applicable): Applicants with less than 40 transferrable college credits must submit official SAT or ACT scores with the Writing section. Official test scores from SAT (school code 4467) or ACT (school code 4497) must be sent directly from the testing agency.
- English Language Proficiency (if applicable): All applicants for whom English is a non-native language must provide proof of English proficiency. This includes international students and domestic students who completed most of their primary and secondary school outside the U.S. Please review your options for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Payment: The non-refundable application fee ($60 for Domestic Applicants, $75 for International Applicants) can be paid online with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover) or with an electronic check (U.S. banks only). An application fee waiver can also be requested.
- For students with confirmed financial hardship, the University of Washington Bothell can provide a waiver of the application fee. You may request an application fee waiver within the online application on the payment method page. The family income section must be completed prior to requesting an application fee waiver.