Information for Suppliers
University of Washington Bothell is dedicated to diversity, equity & inclusion by providing the diverse business community visibility to avenues of opportunity on campus. The following are some useful tools to help:
- The University works very closely with the Washington State Office of Minority & Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE). We encourage our small, local, and diverse suppliers to connect with OMWBE to learn about the many resources they provide. Certification will provide greater visibility to various state agencies.
1) Purchases less than $10k
As a large institution with a decentralized procurement model for purchases less than $10k, many of the University's buying decisions are made by a host of different departments, programs, and offices. Establishing business relationships with these decisions makers is an important step for marketing your business.
2) Purchases greater than $10k
For large purchases, Procurement Services will use a variety of methods to acquire goods and services for all units at the university. Their website provides a number of resources to get started including information on a monthly orientation.
- UW Consulting and Business Development Center: taking business education out of the classroom and putting it to work in and for the community. The center pairs business owners and business students in a number of different ways to solve problems and provide real world experience. Click the link above to learn more.
- Connect with your local chamber's business expo.
- Visit the UW Business Diversity Program Website. UW Bothell works in collaboration with the program at the Seattle campus. Their site may offer more of the information you are looking for.
If you are new to the University of Washington Bothell and think that you would be a good fit to supply to the University you can take the following steps:
- Reach out to us so we can set up a meeting. Email our program specialist Rabia Ramzan at email@example.com.
- After the meeting, you may be asked to attend a supplier orientation.
- At that point, we recommend meeting with us once more to discuss your next steps.
- You will likely also be asked if you would like to be part of our Diverse Supplier Fair held in the Fall depending on availability of tables.
Visit our FAQ page for any other questions.
Sign up for a supplier orientation to learn about how purchasing works at the University. This presentation is done through UW Procurement Services. They will also help guide you through the process of becoming a UW Contracted business if you are a good fit for the University.
You can find the dates for upcoming Supplier Orientations here.
Still have questions? Contact Rabia Ramzan at firstname.lastname@example.org.