GAAW 2017 - May 15-19
The UW Bothell Universal Design for Active Learning (UDAL) Initiative Core Group is pleased to announce our first annual Global Accessibility Awareness Week (GAAW) at UW Bothell, a week-long series of events on campus to promote awareness for accessibility here at UW Bothell in the classroom, at work, and on the web, in honor of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) May 18!
The UW Bothell UDAL Initiative Core Group members are always ready to assist you! If you are interested in learning more about the UDAL Initiative Core Group or the UW IT Accessibility Liaison Program feel free to contact any of us!
- Sara Frizelle – eLearning Planning and Research Specialist, IT/Office of Digital Learning & Innovation
- Rosa Lundborg – Veteran Services & Disability Resources for Students Manager, Student Affairs
- Ashley Magdall – Web Support Specialist, Advancement & External Relations
- Jeane Marty – Senior Front-end Software Engineer, IT/Enterprise Services Delivery Team
- Ana Thompson – Office of Digital Learning & Innovation, IT/Office of Digital Learning & Innovation
Sessions and Materials
Monday, May 15, 11:00 am - Rose Room (UW1-280)
- "Universal Design for Instruction and WA Policy #188" - Dr. Sheryl Burgstahler, Director of Access Technology Center and DO-IT
- "STEM Accessibility" - Krista Greear, Assistant Director of the Access Technology Center
Tuesday, May 16, 10:00 am - UW1-120
- "Web Accessibility Kentico Training" - Ashley Magdall, Web Support Specialist & Anna Marie Golden, IT Accessibility specialist
- "Demonstration of Various Assistive Technology (including a demo of a screen reader!)" - Dan Comden, Access Technology Center Manager & Hadi Rangin, IT Accessibility Specialist
- "Panel with Web Accessibility Specialists from UW Bothell and UW Seattle"
Wednesday, May 17, 10:00 am - LB2-216
Thursday, May 18, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Seattle Campus
Participate in events at the UW to mark Global Accessibility Awareness Day and the importance of digital access and inclusion for people with disabilities. Offerings include assistive technology demonstrations; everyday tips for increasing accessibility; an accessibility tools showcase; and workshops on captioning videos, making PDFs accessible, advanced web accessibility techniques. The activities are coordinated by Accessible Technology Services.
For a full listing of events, go to the Accessible Technology Events and Collaboration website.
Friday, May 19, 9:30 am - UW1-005
- "Document Accessibility Strategies" - Gaby de Johng, IT Accessibility Specialist