Distinguish Teaching Award
The Distinguished Teaching Award is presented each year to a UW Bothell faculty member in recognition of teaching that richly exemplifies the high standards at the heart of the academic mission of the University of Washington Bothell. The DTA recipient will receive an honorarium, is recognized at the spring faculty recognition reception, at spring commencement and is honored at the Awards of Excellence ceremony on the Seattle campus in June. Additionally, the recipient is traditionally the speaker at UW Bothell’s Convocation in September.
Any student, alumni, faculty, or staff member of the UW Bothell community may submit a one-page letter nominating a faculty member (previous recipients are not eligible). The letter should describe your candidate's teaching achievements at UW Bothell and a substantive nomination based on the criteria listed below.
Criteria may be met in a variety of ways. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- acting as an accessible and effective mentor outside of the classroom
- applying effective and timely ways of assessing student learning to improve instruction as well as learning
- challenging and expanding traditional ways of knowing
- deepening multicultural understanding
- demonstrating leadership in curriculum development within the instructor's own course offerings and at the program and cross-program levels
- development of innovative teaching methods
- finding ways to enrich clinical experiences
- incorporating current scholarship into course content
- integration of multiple disciplines in one's teaching
- offering independent studies and internships that consistently stimulate, inspire and move beyond conventional expectations
Nominations for the 2020 DTA will be accepted through December 13, 2019
Please note, the DTA nomination process for the Seattle and Tacoma campuses are both separate and different, with earlier closing dates. Nominations submitted to the Seattle DTA site will not be forwarded to UW Bothell.
A nomination should be at least one-page in length (approximately 500 words) and can be pasted into this form from a Word document or a text file.