The Council of Academic Deans (CAD) provides core academic leadership for the UW Bothell campus. It is made up of the Deans of the five UW Bothell schools and the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA). It is co-chaired by one Dean (one year term) and the VCAA, with another Dean as vice chair (one year term) and normally transitioning to the role of co-chair in the following year.
We understand academic leadership to include budget and planning with respect to academic objectives, coordination of curricular and co-curricular activities across the entirety of the undergraduate and graduate experience, and oversight of faculty and staff development. We set priorities and provide recommendations to the VCAA on academic matters that cut across schools and other units on campus.
Priorities for 2019-2020
In the current academic year (2019-2020), CAD is particularly focused on:
- Ensuring that campus strategic and fiscal planning and the new RCM budget model advance the academic mission of the campus and the 3 Cs (connected learning, cross-disciplinarity, and community engagement)
- Grounding campus and school planning and goal-setting in the campus’s diversity, engagement, and inclusion mission, working in coordination with the campus’s Diversity and Engagement Councils.
- Advancing initiatives and reforms designed to enhance the four-year undergraduate experience and the success of all students on campus regardless of their area of study, with special attention to first and second year students.
- Elevating the visibility of the research and scholarly mission of the campus, and providing more robust support for research and scholarly activities, with particular attention to alignment with the 3Cs.
- Continuing to create professional development opportunities for faculty and staff that build internal leadership capacities for the next phase of the campus’s maturation and the realization of its mission.
Current members of the council
Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
email@example.com | 425-352-3575
School of Nursing & Health Studies
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-352-5396
School of Educational Studies
email@example.com | 425-352-5324
School of Business
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-352-5229
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
email@example.com | 425-352-5350
School of STEM
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-352-3179
Associate Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Learning
email@example.com | 425-352-3169