The mission of the Quantitative Skills Center (QSC) is to support students, faculty and staff in any area that requires quantitative reasoning. This center was created in order to facilitate the UWB mission to develop critical and analytical thinking as well as problem solving skills.
Our primary goals are:
* Serve as a place for academic support in quantitative areas. This is achieved by providing tutoring, workshops, and classroom presentations.
* Promote quantitatively literate citizens through nurturing critical thinking with respect to numerical arguments.
* Act as a sounding board and encourage students, faculty and staff to "talk out" their quantitative ideas, techniques, and analysis.
* Provide evidence that any one can learn math by presenting resources and tools to faculty and students across all disciplines, cultures, and lifestyles.
* If you have a question about the services provided by or would like more information about the Quantitative Skills Center visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Erin Hill, Ph.D.