Accepting applications now until June 28th! The newly created UW Bothell Study Abroad Scholarship helps to offset travel expenses required to participate in a study abroad program. Applicants must be current UW Bothell students enrolled full-time, residents of Washington State, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and commit to promoting study abroad opportunities among UW Bothell students upon their return as a Study Abroad Ambassador. Awards range from $500 to $2,000.
Above: Aspasea McKenna in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. Read about her experiences studying and traveling in Asia on the Voices from Around the World blog.
Students will be selected for the UW Bothell Study Abroad Scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in a UW Bothell degree program, including the quarter following study abroad.
- Washington State residency.
- Acceptance into an academically relevant, credit-earning study abroad program.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Track record of contribution to UW Bothell campus community.
- Commitment to promoting study abroad and other international enrichment opportunities among UW Bothell students.
Applications are submitted online via Catalyst. You will be asked to provide:
- Basic personal information
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Brief description of study abroad program, including location, program dates, program type, and relevance to current course of study and future goals (up to 300 words).
- Study abroad program budget, including estimated airfare expenses.
- Essay describing how you plan to promote study abroad and other international enrichment opportunities among UW Bothell students (up to 800 words).
- One letter of recommendation from a UW Bothell faculty or staff member who can attest to your contribution to the UW Bothell campus community. Letters, in hard or electronic copy, should be submitted to:
Natalia Dyba, Manager of Global Initiatives and Merit Scholarships
18115 Campus Way NE, Box 358500
Bothell, WA 98011
Complete your application and submit all supporting materials by the following dates:
- Monday, November 12, 2012 at midnight for programs starting during Winter and Spring Quarters
- Friday, April 12, 2013 at midnight for programs starting during Summer Quarter and Early Fall
- Friday, June 28, 2013 at midnight for programs starting during Early Fall and Autumn Quarter
Notification and Disbursement
Award recipients will be notified by e-mail within four to six weeks of the deadline and their names may be announced publicly via UW Bothell media and publications. Funds will be credited to the recipients' UWB tuition statement in the quarter following their study abroad program, via the Office of Financial Aid.