Start by browsing one of our reference handouts to see what opportunities are available for you in the upcoming year.
There are numerous databases where you can find scholarship opportunities. You may have your favorites already. If you don’t, we recommend these because they’re most likely to generate information that’s most applicable to you as a University of Washington student. All of these resources are free.
- Includes local and national opportunities
- Specifies eligibility information, deadlines, and the application process
- Lists scholarships by type and in chronological order by deadline
- Accessible using your UW NetID
- Created through a public-private partnership as a resource for Washington State residents
- System generates matches based on your profile
- Most scholarships listed have deadlines between December and April
With so many free scholarship resources, there is no reason to pay someone to search for you. If a scholarship database requires a fee, it’s most likely a scam.