When you are concerned about a student...
UW Bothell CARE Team
Consultation, Assessment, Response, Education
The UW Bothell CARE Team is a confidential resource for the entire campus community when there are concerns about a student’s well-being. Our purpose is to provide proactive and supportive consultation, assessment, response, and education regarding students who may be at risk or in distress.
CARE Team services include:
- Consultation regarding your concerns
- Assessing a student’s well-being
- Responding in a caring, non-threatening manner
- Educating the UW Bothell community on how to assess and respond to student distress
This group's university-wide membership includes representatives from the Office of Student Services, the Office of Student Life, Campus Safety and faculty.
In case of an EMERGENCY or imminent threat: Call 911 and Campus Safety (425) 352-2222.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Who can contact the CARE Team?
- Anyone - faculty, staff, parents and students - who has concerns about the well-being of a UW Bothell student.
2) What can I expect when I contact a member of the CARE Team?
- A response within one business day*
- Confidential consultation and guidance regarding your concerns
- Knowledge that your concerns about a student's well-being will be addressed
3) When should I call the CARE Team and when should I call SafeCampus?
- Call the CARE Team when you have concerns about the well-being of a student such as changes in behavior, mood, or decline in academic performance.
- Call SafeCampus when your concerns have to do with violence prevention, such as domestic violence situations or potential threats to the safety of anyone on our campus: (425) 352-SAFE (7233).
- Still unsure? Don't worry. Just make the call. Either group will appreciate your concern and will be happy to assist you.
* Consultation requests made after 5:00pm are considered to be received on the following business day. (For example, a consultation request sent at 5:15pm on Wednesday will be received on Thursday, and a response will be provided by Friday.)