Attendees/Volunteers for the MLK Jr. Day of Service will learn to:
- Articulate and reflect on individual role and responsibilities as a volunteer participant.
- Generate and assess goals for volunteer task force.
- Evaluate and provide critical analysis of individual participation and personal effectiveness.
Communication & Collaboration
- Speak in clear, direct, and constructive manner.
- Work effectively with others to accomplish group goals related to specific volunteer project.
Civic Engagement & Responsibility
- Engage actively and thoughtfully in programs to support community, social, economic, and educational development.
- Encourage and promote community building.
- Work with a diverse range of people in a variety of situations.
- Articulate the role of civic engagement in relation to civil rights & work of MLK Jr.
Personal Development & Evaluation
- Articulate and reflect on personal skills/abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Balance commitments and assess time management skills.
- Reflect and articulate on how personal experience (cultural, work, beliefs, values, etc.) influence decision-making.
- Reflect on and provide analysis of personal development and learning.
- Reflect on personal contribution of your volunteer opportunity to the greater ideas of social justice