2012-2013 STF Committee Meetings are open to the public and take place on the first and third Friday of each month from 9-11am in UW2-307.
NEW!!! Second funding cycle applications are available NOW and due March 29th by 4pm !! Process listed below:
About the Student Technology Fee
The Student Technology Fee was established to help supplement the availability of technology to UWB students and to provide opportunities for innovative facilities and projects that require capital investment. Each year, the STF Committee solicits a variety of student technology proposals for projects that meet the demonstrated technology needs of students and allow them to further their education and research goals.
The fee supplements University or external funding of technology for student use. Money from the fee is not used to fund items that should properly be funded by legislative or administrative funds. If funding is critical to a programs curriculum, this is not the appropriate funding source. Funding for projects are made on a yearly-basis, hence proposals made to the committee should not be contingent upon subsequent years of funding.
Proposals must show that the primary benefit is to students, include a summary of student input, provide a long term plan for operation, and address issues of student access. The committee does not fund: equipment used for classroom instruction, ongoing maintenance and supply costs, salary for full-time or part-time staff or students, or wireless networking outside of the University’s central deployment.
2012- 2013 Application Process
Second Funding Cycle- Proposals are DUE March 29th, 2013 at 4pm!-
AVAILABLE FUNDS- +$366,000
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
1. Download a copy of the worksheet use to submit online. Read the following documents: Annual Funding Plan and STF Guidelines
2. All proposals must be reviewed by Tony Guerrero and Brian Fletcher before they are submitted online. You should submit these for their review by March 15th. IT must also give you a statement on limitations of support.
3. Change the name of the worksheet file to the title of your before you submit it online. For instance: android_tutors.doc
4. Proposals must be submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29th.
Applicants will be notified the week of April 8th if a hearing is requested for their proposal. Hearings dates and times will be April 19th and May 3rd from 9-11am. A preliminary budget will be announced the week of May 20th and the final budget will be voted on by June 7th. Budgets will be available for use by July 15th and must be spent by June 1st, unless you are making a long-term request.
NOTE: Applications for the 2013-2014 year will not be available until December.
How to join the STF Committee
The Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee is a yearly committee of students appointed by the ASUWB. We are responsible for reviewing proposals related to the $42/quarter technology fee that each student pays, and making funding recommendations to ASUWB. Proposals on how the money should be spent can be submitted by any current student, faculty, or staff member of UWB.
As a member of the Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee you will:
- Meet twice monthly throughout the academic year. The first and third Friday of each month from 9-11am
- Review proposals on how the STF money should be spent.
- Allocate STF funding with stipulations (approximately $400,000).
- Explore methods and guidelines to maximize the benefit that the STF has on the student population.
- Must be a current student at UWB, enrolled in at least five credits for autumn, winter, and spring terms.
- Must be in good academic and behavioral standing (as defined by UWB General Catalog and the Student Conduct code) at the time of application and while serving as a member of the STF Committee.
- Must be able to meet twice monthly on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. during the regular academic year.