In 2010, the Associated Students of the University of Washington Bothell (ASUWB) approved funding for the programming and pre-design of a Student Activities Center building. LMN Architecture has been hired to design the Student Activities Center. The ASUWB is currently working with the university to finalize the design. Construction is slated to begin in September 2013 with completion in Winter 2014.
The Student Activities Center will be the hub of student life on campus; a place for students to gather, socialize, dine and exercise.
A Sustainable Student Activities Center
In keeping with the UW Bothell commitment toward a sustainable campus, the student union building will be designed using these guiding principles:
- Consider climate in the design (sun, wind, precipitation) and natural site characteristics (vegetation, hydrology).
- Reduce project loads and materials (reduce size, efficient envelope).
- Implement passive solutions to extent possible.
- Integrate stormwater management systems, such as living roofs, where possible.
- Integrate the site and surrounding views into the building design using daylighting and an optimized building orientation.
- Maximize building system efficiency and reduce energy use by considering such strategies as an efficient building envelope, natural ventilation, heat pumps, radiant floor heating, photovoltaics, solar hot water, and exposed thermal mass/nighttime flush.
- Measure and document construction and building performance using such criteria as LEED certification and/or the AIA 2030 Challenge.
Take the Survey
Do you have input on the Student Activities Center? Make your voice heard and enter to win prizes including an iPad Mini & gift-cards by taking the survey here!
"Like" the Student Activities Center Facebook page to learn more and stay up to date with all the current information here!
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.