The annual funding process is now closed.
Services and Activities Fees (SAF) are charged to all registered students for the express purpose of funding student services and programs. The level and distribution of the fee is recommended by the SAF Committee, approved by the chancellor, and authorized by the Board of Regents for each academic year. Annual requests must be for programs, services, and activities that will occur between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
Please make sure to read the SAF Bylaws prior to making your request.
The following funding principles are used by the committee during budget deliberations:
Student led, student governed and student centered;
The proposal should benefit a wide-range of students;
The degree to which a proposal is linked to an academic program;
A proposal's track record of success, and/or research incorporated into the proposal;
The amount of opportunities made available to the student body.
Information to Know Before Submitting Proposals
1. Read Guidelines for Funding/General Criteria for Evaluating Funding Requests before you decide to submit a request (http://www.uwb.edu/studentlife/safc/safbylaws).
2. You may save your work online and complete the application in stages. Proposals must be submitted online via HuskySync under "forms".
3. Services and Activities Fees may not be used in support of credit-bearing courses.
4. If you plan on requesting food in your application, please familiarize yourself with the University Food Policy.
5. Please note that the committee cannot fund more than you request (with the exception of benefits associated with salaries or wages, which are set annually by the state and university). If there is a submission error, the committee cannot make any changes and will base their decision on the initial request only. Additional forms/attachments will not be accepted.