Current Student Handbook
Secondary and Middle Level Teacher Certification M.Ed. Handbook 2012-2013
Fieldwork and Certification Handbook for Teacher Candidates in Cohort '13, cooperating teachers, principals, and clinical faculty. This handbook addresses policies and procedures related to program fieldwork and teacher certification
Observation and Assessment Tools
Teacher Performance Assessment
Information on Resumes, Cover Letters, and Sample Interview Questions
Intern Substitute Certification
Background: OSPI created the Intern Substitute Certificate to create an opportunity for districts to use student interns in the event their cooperating teacher is out during their student teaching quarter (this makes you eligible to sub ONLY for your cooperating teacher and ONLY during your student teaching quarter). The Edmonds and Seattle school districts do NOT accept or approve this certificate so if you are placed in either of those districts you are not eligible to apply. UW Bothell Education Program will not accept or process the Intern Substitute Certificate paperwork before March 15, 2013 for the K-8 program, December 14 for Secondary.
Note: Do not print out and send any other forms or go to OSPI’s website for forms.
1. First check with your assigned district human resources director to see if the Intern Subtitute Certificate is approved by your district. Get approval from both your cooperating teacher and building principal- there is no form for this but critical and required.
2. Complete and scan the Application for Washington State Intern Substitute Certificate (4028) forms from the link below (forms 4028A, 4028B and 4028E) and send all three PDF attachments by email to Jon Howeiler, in the Education Program office (NOT OSPI).
Note: You do not need to submit transcripts, we have them.
- 4028A- Complete and sign- do not submit transcripts
- 4028B- Needs district HR/Asst Supt or designee signature * They will complete and send directly to program
- 4028E- Complete section A only
3. Print, complete, scan and email with payment the Intern Substitute Certificate Fee Payment Form to the address listed on the form. The ESD will return the form to the Education Program showing receipt of payment.
4. Get all of the required 4028 forms to Jon Howeiler, via email attachment (PDF) in the Education Program office.
Upon completion of all of the above, the Education Program will email as attachment the official Intern Substitute Permit to you and district human resources. You are responsible to complete any employment paperwork to get yourself activated.
Past Student Handbooks
Secondary and Middle Level Teacher Certification M.Ed. Handbook 2011-2012
M.Ed. Graduate Program Online Handbook 2009 - 2010
Secondary and Middle Level Teacher Certification M.Ed. Certification Handbook 2010 - 2011
Secondary Teacher Certification M.Ed. Graduate Program Handbook - 2008 (PDF)
Secondary Teacher Certification M.Ed. Certification Handbook - 2009 - 2010 (PDF)
Secondary Teacher Certification M.Ed. Certification Handbook - 2008 (PDF)