Admitted Applicants: Getting Started
Welcome to the University of Washington Bothell School of Nursing and Health Studies RN to BSN program! We are excited you have chosen us to complete your Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
You will be learning along side exceptional peers, nursing faculty and staff committed to your successful completion. Additionally, the BSN Academic Advising team is pleased to work in partnership with you and the University to make sure you are ready to start the program.
You will receive emails from both Nursing and the University so please make sure to monitor your email and update us at email@example.com if your contact information has or will be changing.
As noted in your notification of admissions, there are some required next steps that must be completed by the stated deadline on your offer letter which is typically 20 days from the date of the offer or sooner if the quarter starting date is approaching. If any one of the required steps is not completed by the deadline, your offer of admission may be rescinded (withdrawn) and offered to another qualified applicant on the waitlist; Don’t lose your seat! If you need more time to complete any one of requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and provide us a date of when you’ll be able complete the step(s).
Requirements to Complete Within 20 Days of the Offer Date
1. Confirm your offer of admissions and seat in the program. You must accept the admissions offer by confirming it; if you do not, essentially you are declining the offer by inaction. To complete this, pay the nonrefundable $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit. The deposit is applied to your first quarter of tuition.
2. Complete the background check. Your offer of admissions will be finalized once you complete the background check with acceptable results. If you’d like to first complete the background check before paying the deposit, that is an option; however, they both must be done within 20 days of the offer. The background check takes only about 48 hours.
Other Requirements to Complete:
3. Submit the Measles Immunity Verification form. Submit completed form to the Office of the Registrar prior to the date of your University Orientation (required to attend and register for classes).
4. Set-up your UW NetID and activate your student email: This is your gateway to the the many rescources you will need as a student. This will also become your student email. Set up your account.
5. Sign up for the required University Orientation and BSN Advising Session held at UW Bothell. For questions regarding dates or otherwise, contact the Orientation; not Nursing. Sign up at www.Bothell.Washington.edu/orientation.
5. Complete outstanding requirements that were in-progress at the time of application. If any in-progress requirement are not met prior to the start of the program, or if an official transcript is not submitted by the deadline stated on your offer letter, your offer of admission may be rescinded and offered to another qualified applicant on the waitlist. If you were not able to complete the in-progress requirements as stated on your application, contact BSN advising at email@example.com. Include your full name and which requirements you did not complete.
6. Submit any outstanding official transcripts for in-progress requirements to the Office of Admissions by the deadline stated on your offer letter to complete step five. Send official transcript via mail or electronically. You may also drop off hard copies in-person to the Office of Admissions:
University of Washington Bothell, Office of Admissions
Box 358500, 18115 Campus Way NE, Bothell, WA 98011-8246
Funding and Tuition Resources and Information
Be prepared for the cost of your education by revising the tuition rates. Consider applying for Financial Aid and scholarships familiarize yourself with our payment options. Tuition is due the third Friday of the quarter unless you sign up for the UW Bothell Tuition Payment Plan.
If you are using your or your spouse’s veteran’s benefits to pay for school and have any questions, please contact Veterans Services. Information on the Nursing web site about scholarships and financial aid is posted at http://www.bothell.Washington.edu/nhs/funding.
Tuition Exemption Program
If you are an employee of the University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center or another Washington State agency, see our Tuition Exemption program.