Statistics Refresher Document: Reviews statistics topics such as measures of central tendency and spread, z-scores, confidence intervals, correlation and regression, and hypothesis testing. The worksheet does assume some previous exposure to statistics. It also contains practice problems and solutions.
Videos created by Dr. Charlie Collins from UW Bothell's School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
-It is recommended that you play the videos in Internet Explorer.
Intro to Statistics: Hypothesis testing, sampling, and frequencies
Correlation: Pearson and Spearman
Analysis of Variance (ANOVA): One-way independent samples
Analysis of Variance (ANOVA): Two-way independent samples
Dr. Collins also has a YouTube channel on statistics with videos that include: confidence intervals, T-tests, distributions, chi-squared, hypothesis testing, and central tendency.
DON'T FORGET- You can always stop by the Quantitative Skills Center for help in person and for resources.
- Monty Hall Puzzler. A description and animation of a classic probability problem.
- Policy Expert Business Statistics Resources: A source of business-related data and statistics from Policy Expert. The site contains multiple links.
- Rice University Virtual Lab in Statistics. Statistics review including online textbook and simulations.
- UWB Library Statistics Guide: Need to find data, but not sure where to look? Check out this page that has many statistical databases listed!
- University of Wollongong Statistical Literacy Modules: This site offers up a series of modules designed to help users learn about the world of statistics, including surveys and scientific experiments.