To assist students with understanding quantitative concepts through a peer tutoring model utilizing questions and discussion, with the goal of students enhancing their independent learning processes and increasing their confidence in quantitative material.
Online Tutoring in the QSC:
To work with a tutor online during our normal tutoring hours (see the current QSC schedule), you will need to call the QSC (425-352-3170) to let us know you would like to meet a tutor in a "virtual classroom".
Getting started with online tutoring:
(note: if you have a Mac, you will need OSX to use this feature in Blackboard)
- Open a web-browser. We recommend Mozilla Firefox, it seems to work better with BlackBoard.
- Go to the 'Courses' tab (in the top left of your screen) and type "QSC-Online" in the 'Course Search' box.
- "QSC-Online (UWB_QSC-Online)" with "Instructor: Erin Hill" should be displayed--click on 'Enroll', then 'Submit', and 'Ok'. You should now be rerouted to the course page and you should see the welcome message.
- In the future, you will see "QSC-Online" in your "My Courses" list.
- Further instructions on how to use the chat/whiteboard. You may want to print these instructions for reference.
Please send us feedback (online anonymous comments or email@example.com) to let us know what's working and what we can improve. Thanks!