Applying for the Master's Degree
Students must apply for the master's degree by the relevant deadline, and should select the non-thesis option.
Request the Master's Degree
All degree requirements must be met prior to the end of the final quarter of study if the application is to be approved. In addition, registration must be maintained for the entire quarter in which application for the degree is made. A student who does not complete all degree requirements by the last day of the quarter must be registered for the following quarter.
Note: the Graduate Registration Waiver Fee is not applicable to IAS Graduate Students.
Time Limit for Completion of Master's Degree
All work for the master's degree must be completed within six years. This limit includes On-Leave quarters and transfer credits.
Degree Completion Requirements
BPOLST 500 – Policy Process (5 credits)
BPOLST 501 – Public Finance and Budgeting (5 credits)
BPOLST 502 – Statistics for Policy Studies (5 credits)
BPOLST 503 – Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation (5 credits)
BPOLST 504 – Management and Organizations (5 credits)
BPOLST 505 – Leadership and Organizations (5 credits)
BPOLST 506 – Capstone Research (5 credits)
BPOLST 508 – Capstone Project (5 credits)
- Total number of core course credits: 40
- Minimum number of elective credits: 20
- Minimum number of BPOLST elective credits, not including BPOLST 520 or BPOLST 598: 10
- Petition for outside coursework required for any non‐BPOLST elective
- Final Capstone Manuscript - Spring Quarter year two
- Conference Presentation - Spring Quarter year two