Items to complete
Prior to your required new nursing student orientation, all new BSN students will receive an Orientation packet in the mail with a significant number of things for you to gather together and/or do prior to your orientation session. Specifically, you will be asked for the following:
- Complete the Health Sciences Immunization Program (HSIP) form, scan the form and all supporting documents, and submit all items to HSIP at email@example.com.
- Questions about the requirements listed on the HSIP form should be referred directly to HSIP at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 206-616-9074
- Complete a background check from Verified Credentials. The instructions for completing this check are available here. Save a copy of your results for your reference. The Program will pull your results directly from Verified Credentials. Results are due by day 1 of the quarter you start the BSN program.
- Complete UW HIPAA training, but only after the time you are instructed in your Orientation packet to do so. The Program must sign you up for training access first, and this does not happen immediately
- Complete the School of Nursing Authorization for Repeat Checks form. Bring this form with you to Orientation.
- Provide a copy of your current CPR card. Either ACLS or BLS are acceptable. Bring a copy of this with you to Orientation.
- Complete the UW Bothell NHS Permission for Photo Use Form. Bring this form with you to Orientation.
- UW Bothell Nursing will pull a copy of your current Nursing license from the state database, so providing us a copy at orientation is not necessary. However, those new nursing school graduates who are not yet licensed should remind themselves of the deadlines for taking and passing your NCLEX exam that were in your Acceptance letter.
Maintaining Compliance While You Are In The Program
You are responsible for updating all vaccination records with HSIP as they expire, keeping your nursing license current with Washington state and providing us with a copy of your new CPR card should it expire while you are still in the program.
A Special Note for New BSN Students Who Were Pre-BSN Students
Student who are admitted as Pre-BSN students will not need to submit any of the above materials at their orientation session. However, at such time as you are admitted to the BSN program you will need to submit all of the above materials, whether you will be attending the new nursing student orientation or not. You will be instructed about this further when a BSN orientation packet is mailed to you.