To our new student employees, welcome!
Here you will find the information you need to get started as a UW student employee in our Program.
We hope you will enjoy your stay, and take away skills that will help you in your search for a satisfying major and a rewarding profession once you graduate.
Once we hire you, but before you start working, you should:
- Fill out the new UW Bothell student employee paperwork, which will include an I-9 form. Be sure to bring with you your document or documents that prove you are permited to work in the USA.
- Supply us with your paperwork from Financial Aid, if you have a Work Study award
- Agree upon a work schedule with your supervisor
After you fill out your paperwork, but before your first day, we should:
- Arrange an account for you to use the UW Bothell employee computer network. This is needed so you can log into department computers.
- Get your paperwork processed, so you will be paid promptly and so your supervisor will have access to your timecard
- Order you a staff name tag
On your first day of work, your supervisor should:
- Have you complete University of Washington FERPA training.
- Give you a tour introducing you to people and places that you need to know
- Give you some time on one of our computers so you can make sure you can log in using your new account
- Provide you some "Save The Date" information regarding any upcoming Nursing Program events where you might be asked to work, if your schedule permits.
- Start your training about other things you need to learn.