UW Bothell Welcomes Students Back to Campus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, September 27, 2010
CONTACT: Richard Penny, (425) 352-3395, RPenny@uwb.edu
BOTHELL, Wash. – The University of Washington Bothell is excited to welcome students back to campus, as classes start Wednesday.
This year, UW Bothell anticipates 3,000 students on campus, new and returning, and looks forward to releasing Fall quarter statistics in early October.
To commemorate the start of the 2010-2011 academic year, UW Bothell is hosting Welcome Week, an event designed to celebrate the beginning of the academic year.
Welcome Week activities include:
- Convocation, a celebration welcoming new students to campus.
- Academic workshops, such as Start the Quarter on the Right Foot.
- Concerts on the lawn with Sleep Steady, Jonathan Kingham, Eclectic Approach and Lions Ambition.
- Student Life presentations including Happy Hour Mocktail Party, an educational and comedic presentation on alcohol awareness.
- Movie under the stars, featuring a showing of Toy Story 3.
All activities are free to students.
For a complete listing of activities, visit UW Bothell’s Week of Welcome website
About UW Bothell: The University of Washington Bothell combines the benefits of a small campus with the resources and prestige of a world-renowned university. Offering over 30 degrees, options, certificates and concentrations, its curriculum emphasizes close student-faculty interaction, collaboration among students, and hands-on learning. During the 2010-11 academic year, UW Bothell will debut a Bachelor of Science in Biology. It will also launch its Bachelor of Science in Nursing at a new Everett location (University Center of North Puget Sound) and a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration at its Bellevue-based Eastside Leadership Center.