The Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) application is submitted online through the Graduate School application. The review process is holistic, taking into consideration the personal statement, academic performance, applicable experience, and recommendations. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning 8-9 months prior to the start of the quarter applied for. Prospective students are encouraged to contact the MSEE Advisor prior to submitting their application to answer any questions, as well as throughout the admission and review process.
Admission to the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) program requires students to have
- an ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from a regionally accredited institution (or an equivalent international degree),
- English language proficiency, and
- a 3.0 GPA or equivalent in the last two years of study
- In special circumstances, an applicant with a GPA below a 3.0 may be considered.
Applicants without a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering may meet the admission requirements with either
- a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field such as Physics, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, and have specific coursework or a knowledge base in dc/ac circuit analysis, basic electronics, signal processing, probability and basic programming skills (e.g., MATLAB); or
- a bachelor’s degree in another STEM field AND completion of the Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering Foundations.
To determine admission eligibility, please contact the EE Graduate Programs Advisor to schedule a prospective student advising session: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.352.5490
Applicants must also meet the minimum admission requirements for the Graduate School at the University of Washington, as detailed in Understanding the Application Process.
For specifics on submitting your application, including list of application materials, please visit Application Instructions.
Note: The GRE is not required for the UW Bothell MSEE degree at this time.
Ready to Apply?
One you have reviewed the admission requirements and application materials required, you are ready to apply!
For more information, please contact Sharon Meriwether the EE Graduate Program Advisor at email@example.com or call 425.352.5490 to set up an appointment.