International Applicants

International Applicants to UW Bothell MS Accounting Program

International students must have a visa status that allows academic study at the University of Washington. International applicants include students who hold U.S. visas, such as F-1, J-1 Exchange Visitors, H-1, any dependent visas or any other non-immigrant classifications. (You are not an international applicant if you hold a U.S. "Green Card” or Immigrant status.) To find more helpful information on the international student visas, please visit the UW Bothell International Student Services web site.

International applicants are required to provide additional application materials and information when they apply to UWB MS Accounting program, as described below. Due to the extra time needed for processing, international applicants for the UWB MS Accounting Programs are strongly encouraged to apply before March 31st each year for autumn admission.

English Language Proficiency

Proficiency in English is required for graduate study at the UW Bothell. Every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Information on the different avenues by which an applicant can demonstrate English Language proficiency can be found at the UW Graduate School website for international applicants.

Proof of Financial Ability

International applicants must submit the Statement of Financial Ability Form with supporting official financial documentation showing adequate financial resources to cover the cost of at least the first year of study before a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or IAP-66) can be issued. Please contact the UWB MS Accounting office for current tuition rates and estimates for full-time academic year cost of study.

The University of Washington will issue the I-20 or IAP-66 forms only after a student is officially admitted, financial ability is confirmed, and an enrollment deposit is received. These I-20 or IAP-66 forms are required to obtain an F-1 or J-1 visa at a US consulate.

Transcripts and Degree Conferral

TWO official copies of both your academic record and the diploma or other document indicating the date and conferral of your degree are required. If the original language of the academic record and diploma is not English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document. A school administrative officer of the institution from which the degree was received must certify official copies of credentials.

International Applicants Residing in the United States

International applicants residing in the U.S. follow the same application requirements, procedures and deadlines as those residing outside the United States.