To be admitted to the Master of Education program at the University of Washington, Bothell, applicants must simultaneously be admitted to the Graduate School of the University of Washington. It is very important to submit application documents by the deadlines listed in the box above.
In addition to the completed application form, the following are required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA in the last 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits of graded upper-division coursework
- One set of official transcripts for the undergraduate degree institution and one copy of post-baccalaureate, and/or graduate institutions attended. For transcripts to be official, they must be submitted in original sealed envelopes.
- Admission essay addressing the following questions. Approximately 4-5 pages, 1200 words, typed, double spaced
- Explain your idea of what a professional educator does.
- What leadership have you exercised at any level that increased the educational equity for children?
- What do you expect to contribute to the profession as an educator? What will you need to learn to facilitate that contribution?
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current Resume
Please note: all enrolled matriculated students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity. Students will not be allowed to register for any classes until the UW Bothell Registrar's Office confirms that they have satisfied this requirement. Students born before 01/01/57 are considered to be immune to measles and therefore do NOT need to submit proof of immunity.
In addition to University of Washington, Bothell requirements, you must meet the following requirements to receive your degree:
- At least 18 numerically graded credits must be taken at the 500 level or above.
- The Graduate School accepts numerical grades (1) in approved 400-level courses accepted as part of the major, and (2) in all 500 level course work. A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.00 is required.
- All work for the Master of Education degree must be completed within six years.
- No courses below the 300 level will be accepted. For additional Graduate School requirements that may apply to you, see the University of Washington General Catalog.
After reviewing our Application Requirements, please begin your online application process at the University of Washington Graduate School Application website.
Most of your application materials may be submitted electronically directly to the UW Graduate School via their online application process. You may also download and print our online forms at your convenience, or you may call and request to have application forms sent to you.
Please see the Application Checklist for more detailed application instructions.
If you were a matriculated graduate student in another program, a maximum of 10 credits of graduate course work may be considered for transfer into the program based on the provisions and regulations of the Graduate School. A minimum grade of 3.0 is required for each course.
A maximum of six credits at the graduate level may be considered for transfer into the program if you were not a matriculated graduate student. A minimum grade of 3.0 is required for each course.
If you have questions or need pre-admission advising contact:
Education Program Advisor