Apply Online Now!
University of Washington Graduate School Online Application
Your application materials (except for official college transcripts) can be submitted directly online to your UW Graduate School Application file.
- Submit materials instantly
- Upload documents in Word, PDF, or RTF formats
- Track your application materials online so you will always know what has been received by the program
When applying online, read and follow all instructions carefully.
- University of Washington Graduate School Application (Online)
- Made online at https://www.grad.washington.edu/application
- When you are prompted to "select a graduate program", be sure to select "Education-Bothell Campus" from the drop down menu (V-BEDUC). The online-fee is $75 payable by credit or debit card.
- Admission Essay (Online*)- Approximately 4-5 pages, 1200 words, double spaced. This can be uploaded as a Word, PDF or RTF document. Please address each of the following questions:
- Explain your idea of what a professional educator does.
- What leadership have you exercised at any level that increased the educational equity for children?
- What do you expect to contribute to the profession as an educator? What will you need to learn to facilitate that contribution?
- Current Resume (Online*)- This can be uploaded as a Word, PDF or RTF document.
- Two Recommendations (Online*)
- You are encouraged to utilize the Graduate School Application web site in order to have your recommendations submitted electronically. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Academic Transcripts - Transcript Request form (PDF)
Your non-UW transcripts must be sent directly from your undergraduate college or university to the University of Washington. Request two copies of your official non-UW transcript from your undergraduate degree granting institution.
Two official transcripts should be mailed to:
Master of Education Program
University of Washington Bothell
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8246
Provide one official transcript (mailed to UW Bothell at the above address) of post-baccalaureate, and/or non-UW graduate coursework. For transcripts to be official, they must be submitted in original sealed envelopes.
*All application materials (except for the UW Graduate School Application) may be submitted as hard copy documents.
Recommendations may be submitted using the recommendation form (PDF) available on this web site. This form must be printed out and signed by the recommender prior to submission.
Mail application material to:
Master of Education Degree Program
University of Washington, Bothell
18115 Campus Way N.E.
Bothell, WA 98011