The University of Washington Bothell's nationally ranked MBA programs identify and educate the next generation of leaders in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Our students plan on becoming intrapreneurs who will revitalize existing businesses with state of the art knowledge and skills as well as entrepreneurs who will help create new businesses and services. The programs emphasize analytical thinking and problem solving grounded in business theory and best practices. Our core curriculum focuses heavily on critical thinking, teamwork, and communication skills.
A decade ago, UW Bothell became the first school to offer an MBA program focused on technology management in the Puget Sound region. In 2009, we started offering a Leadership MBA program in Bellevue, at the Eastside Leadership Center, to meet the needs of professionals and businesses in the Bellevue-Redmond and adjoining areas. In a recent ranking of part-time MBA programs across the nation, our program was ranked 51st in the nation and 3rd in the Pacific Northwest.
The Technology MBA
Technology leads to economic and social progress. Innovation is hard-wired into the DNA of our dynamic Pacific Northwest region. Innovations in biomedical devices promise to revolutionize healthcare. The business and cultural implications of social media innovations are staggering. Imagining the complex future of global energy with disruptive clean technologies and super-efficient batteries is exciting.
The Technology MBA is built on these ideas-
1. Technological innovation is at the heart of the modern economic structure.
2. Technologies are changing every aspect of the corporation- functions, products, processes, roles, strategies, and structures.
3. Understanding the intersection of innovation and entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship is crucial.
4. Simply being a super-engineer is insufficient. What is needed is a holistic technology management perspective.
5. Engineers and scientists need to learn to work in cross-functional global teams.
6. Communication is central to a technology manager’s success.
The UW Bothell Technology MBA is a rigorous program attracting students who are passionate about technology. Many of these students are engineers and scientists. Others are non-technical, but have a great enthusiasm for managing technology-driven corporations.
We welcome you to join a group of technology-minded leaders in a pioneering program.