The Learning Technologies Studio (located on the second floor of the library in LBA-203) is designed for faculty and teaching staff who want to work individually or collaboratively in small groups to explore new technologies and learn about new teaching methodologies that incorporate technology.
The LT Studio comes equipped with a robust suite of technologies, both hardware and software, that can be easily projected for presentations, collaboration, workshops, experimentation with teaching and research tools, and other uses. Upon request, Learning Technologies staff can consult with faculty and teaching staff in the LT Studio on teaching and learning with technology issues.
To see a complete list of hardware available in the Learning Technologies Studio, visit our Equipment & Software List page.
Accessing the LT Studio
The LT Studio is accessible anytime to faculty and staff with keycard (eg. Husky Card) access to the libray building. However, Learning Technologies staff will only be available to assist you Mondays through Fridays 9AM - 5PM.
Faculty and staff may use the LT Studio by either dropping in or reserving the room for a specific time period.
- You can drop in to use the LT Studio if it’s not in use.
- If you haven’t used the LT Studio before, you will need to ask for swipe card access before you drop in. To request swipe card access, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and department.
- Next, check the LT Studio schedule to make sure it is available.
- To ensure your ability to use the LT Studio at a specific time, reserve the LT Studio in advance by:
- Checking the LT Studio schedule to confirm its availability, and then
- Filling out the LT Studio Reservation Form at least 24 hours in advance.
Support in the LT Studio
The staff in the Learning Technologies department can consult with faculty and teaching staff as they experiment with technologies in the LT Studio. Use the LT Studio Reservation Form to request a consultation, specifically by selecting “Yes” when asked “Do you need Learning Technologies staff support?” In addition, please provide a detailed description of what you'd like to accomplish during the consultation. Once you submit the reservation form, we will contact you via email as soon as we can in order to confirm that someone is available to help.