Podcasts are media files that are made available to other people over the internet. Although most commonly found in an audio format, they can sometimes include video and other medias as well. In education, instructors may record classroom lectures and provide them as supplemental material to students on their Blackboard or internet site. Students can then download the podcasts to their computer, iPod, or other compatible device and use them as a study tool.
- Have the microphone close to you when recording
- Start with a brief summary at the beginning of the podcast
- Make clear audio references to visual materials presented during recording
- Repeat student questions and responses into the microphone
- Edit out unneeded parts to keep the podcast short and to the point