In addition to recording in a UW Bothell classroom, users may record on a PC or Mac with appropriate hardware. Before you start, make sure that you have the Tegrity Recorder installed on your PC.
After logging into uw.tegrity.com, click the Record a Class button at the top of the page.
The Tegrity Recorder will launch and a menu will appear for you to adjust the recording settings (see below).
- (A) Select the course in which you'd like to record in.
- (B) Choose a unique title for the recording. If you are planning on regularly recording your lectures in Tegrity, it may be helpful to include the date in the title.
- (C) Speak into the microphone and make sure the audio hits the Recommended Audio Level line. If it doesn't, you can adjust the recording volume by moving the button up or down.
- (D) If you'd like to include video (using a webcam) in your recording, click the box labeled Instructor Video.
- (E) Once everything is set, click the Record a Class button to begin recording.
Once the recording begins, the Tegrity Toolbar will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. While recording, you can click on the screen, change windows, and anything else you would normally do without having to worry about disrupting the recording. In order to stop or pause the recording, you will click the respective buttons on the Tegrity Toolbar.
Once the recording is stopped, a window will appear asking what you'd like to do with your recording. Choose Upload (in the background) to finalize and publish the recording. Click Yes when you are ready to upload. If you'd like to continue with the recording (for example, add more before you publish it), click No.