The chat feature in Canvas is an open interface that allows users to communicate amongst each other in real time. Please note that conversations that take place in chat will not be saved. The chat space is meant for temporary conversation and sharing.
The chat interface on Canvas:
1) Type in the text box and press enter to send a text message to everyone in chat.
- The Start Broadcasting button will start your microphone/webcam and allow you to address users in chat via video or voice.
- The Share button allows you to invite others from outside the course in to chat by providing a temporary URL to access the chat board. They do not have access to any other parts of the Canvas course.
- You can embed YouTube videos by clicking this icon
- The raincloud icon
- The pen icon will access the virtual whiteboard which allows you to draw and write to all chat members.
The right column will list all users in the chat. You can initate a private message by right clicking on the user. In addition, you can remove users from the chat and block them.