Canvas automatically portrays grades using percentages. In order to view grades using a 4.0 scale you need to create a Grading Scheme, which will convert those percentages onto the 4.0 scale.
- Go to your Settings and click on Edit Course Details
- Make sure the Enable Course Grading Scheme box is checked
- Click View Grading Scheme
- On the new window, click Manage Grading Schemes
- You have the option to add a new grading scheme or edit an existing one (by clicking the pencil icon nex to the trash can)
- Update your information
- Click Save, then Update Course Details