The gradebook in Canvas allows instructors to curve the grades of individual assignments. You may wish to curve a grade if the class as a whole performed below average on an assignment, likely due to confusion or difficulty.
- To get started, open the gradebook by clicking the Grades link from the course menu on the left.
- Along the top row, find the assignment that you would like to curve. Once you have found it, click the downward-pointing arrow.
- A drop-down menu will appear. From this menu, select Curve Grades.
- A window will appear, in which you can enter the average student grade. After you have done this, check or uncheck the option to assign scores of zero to students who have not submitted their work. When you have finished, click the Curve Grades button.
- The updated grades will appear in your gradebook upon curving them.