The conference interface in Canvas runs on the BigBlueButton framework and is similar to many other web conferencing software such as Adobe Connect. See the screenshot below for an overview of the different areas.
- User List - This area shows the users currently in the conference. You can send messages, block users, and interact with them by right clicking on a user name.
- Audio Control - This area shows users and whether they are broadcasting voice or audio.
- Presentation/Screen Space - This area is where the presenter will be displaying thier presentation. This can be powerpoints, videos, or even the screen capture of thier computer.
- Chat - This area allows you to exchange text messages with users in the course.
- Webcam/Video - If a presenter or group of users have webcams, they can broadcast their videos to others in here.