Viewing and Replying to Announcements
After an assignment has been posted, anyone in the course may view and interact with it.
- Announcements can always be accessed through the Announcements tab on the main course page. However, if it has been recently posted, the announcement may show up on the course home page under Recent Activity.
- Once you find the announcement, click on its title to leave a reply.
- You will be redirected to the announcement's page, where you will see a space to leave comments. Clicking this space will allow you to start typing and formatting your reply. If you would like to attach a file to the response, click the Attach icon in the right corner of the reply box.
- When you have finished your reply, click the Post Response button.
- Your response can then be seen below the announcement. You can check replies any time by clicking the messages link at the bottom of your announcement when it appears on your feed.
Editing or Deleting an Announcement
In the upper-right corner of the screen, you will notice that you have a few action options for the announcement.
To edit the announcement, click the icon that says Edit.
For more options, click the gear icon. A drop-down menu will appear. You can choose one of the following:
- Delete will delete the announcement.
- Close for Comments will allow students to view the assignment, but they may not comment/reply to it.