This part of the Student Blackboard Tutorial goes over the course enrollment process. All courses that have been added to a student's Blackboard account will remain there for archival purposes even after the class is over. To prevent a cluttered screen, a student may hide old courses from being displayed.
Please note that once enrolled, only the instructor that is assigned to the course can remove a student from it, so be careful not to enroll in the wrong class.
In Blackboard 9.1, students will no longer click the Enroll button to enroll in a class. Rather, they will need to access a drop-down menu housed under the chevron icon next to a course's ID. From it, the student selects Enroll.
If you have any questions about these tutorials or would like further assistance, please contact the UWB IT Help Desk (email@example.com).
First access blackboard at http://bb.uwb.edu and create an account. Once you have done this (or if you already have an account) log in to Blackboard.
- Click on the Courses tab located in the upper left side of the page.
- In the course search box, enter the course code and number without spaces. For example, entering BIS300 will return all courses in Blackboard listed as BIS300. Make sure that you are enrolling in to the correct section and quarter.
- Alternatively, you can try entering a course description to find your course. So entering "Calculus" in to the search will return all courses that contain "Calculus" in the course description.
- If no courses showed up using the Course Search box, try using the Course Catalog - select ID in the first drop box, enter the code for your course, and click GO. Skip this step if you found the correct course with the method above.
- Once you find the right course, click on the chevron icon next to the course's course ID. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on Enroll. On the next page, confirm your enrollment by reviewing the course information and clicking Submit. A success receipt will inform you that you have enrolled in that course.
Students cannot unenroll themselves from a course, so be careful not to enroll in the wrong class. If you must get removed from a course, please contact the instructor of the course and request to be unenrolled.
If you would just like to clean up your display while still keeping old courses, you may do so from the Blackboard Welcome Page:
- Click on the settings button under My Courses.
- Uncheck the boxes corresponding to each course you wish to remove from your display. To make a previously removed course show up again, just re-check its boxes.