Journals on Blackboard 9.1 provide a private reflection space between the student and instructor. In a journal, the individual creates entries that can be seen by the student and instructor, or in the case of a journal within a small group, only the group and the instructor.
By deafult, the journal feature is disabled. Your instructor will enable the journal feature if it is going to be used in the course.
Posting Journal Entries
Create an entry in your personal journal by going to Control Panel > Course Tools > Journals > journal name and click the Create Journal Entry button.
- Give your journal entry a Title and write the message in the Entry Message field.
- If you would like to attach a file to your journal entry, choose either Browse My Computer or Browse Course, then choose the location of your file.
- When you have finished, click Post Entry at the bottom of the page to publish your entry.
Information about your journal and access to other course members' journals can be found on the right side of your main journal page.
- About this Journal provides information about your personal journal including your name, the number of entries in your journal and how many comments are posted on your entries.
- More Journals show the other journals you have access to. Simply click on a student's name to view their journal. By default, journals with no entries are hidden. Click on Show Empty Journals or Hide Empty Journals to switch views.
- Index will display an index of your posts by either week or month, depending on how you chose to index your posts when setting up the journal.