Follow the steps below to view and download course files in Blackboard. Keep in mind that it is not possible to work on documents directly in Blackboard, but they can be downloaded, finished, and submitted from any computer with internet access. If you have any questions about these tutorials or would like further assistance, please contact the UWB IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
Viewing and Downloading Course Files
Browse through the various content sections to find course material (Syllabus, Course Documents, and Assignments). Your instructor may also create a specific section for documents or parts of an assignment.
- You can view documents by clicking on the document link. If your web browser has the capability of rendering the type of file, it will display within the browser window. If not, a download pop-up will appear. Pick either:
- Open to view the file once or print.
- Save to store it on your computer for later use or editing.
- Cancel to go back to Blackboard without viewing the file.
- If you are using a computer on the UWB campus, make sure you save on your networked drive (typically the U:\ drive) rather than on the computer's drive. This will make your file accessible from any computer on the campus network.