Instructors can use DirectSubmit to upload or copy and paste student work to check for plagiarism.
- To post a new document to DirectSubmit, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > SafeAssign > DirectSubmit. From the main page, click the Submit a Paper button at the top of the menu.
- The first options you will see will be two Submission Options. It's important to note that when papers are submitted using DirectSubmit, by default they are checked for plagiarism and also submitted to the Institutional Search Database. This means that if another student were to turn this paper in, it would show up as plagiarized. However, using the following options, you may opt out of one or the other:
- If you would not like the student's document to be added to the ISD, check the box next to Submit as Draft.
- If you would only like to submit the paper to the ISD and not check it for plagiarism, check the box next to Skip Plagiarism Checking.
- Choose the type of file you would like to submit. If you would like to upload the file from your computer, click Browse under the File to Attach box.
- If you would like to copy and paste the document (or part of the document), do so in the Copy/Paste Document box.
- When you are ready, click Submit.
- Although the results of the submission may not appear instantly, try navigating away from the page for a few seconds, then come back to it.
- When you see the submit icon for the submission under the SA Report column, click it to view the report.
For more about analyzing and understanding the report, go back to SafeAssign home.