With smart views, you can filter the Blackboard Grade Center for specific users based on group membership, grades, or names. This can be useful if you are grading large classes or need to identify students who may need help getting back on track.
- Click on the Manage button and select Smart Views from the drop-down list.
- To add a smart view, click Add Smart View and continue to the steps below. To remove a smart view, click on the Remove button on the right and confirm your action.
- Blackboard will probably have auto-created a couple of smart views based on assignments you created. you can use these or delete them.
- You can add a smart view as a favorite so that they appear in the main grade center for easy access.
- Enter a title for your smart view at Name.
- Optionally, enter a description for your smart view at Description.
- For Type of View, select how the grade center will be filtered:
- Group filter users by group affiliation
- Benchmark: filter users based on their scores on a grade item
- Focus: filter users based on which ones are selected
- Investigative: filter users based on an attribute query (which can be a name, score, or a mix)
- For Select Criteria, select the conditions under which a user will be displayed in the grade center (this step depends on the previous one). For this example, the grade center will display only users who are in Group A.
- Change to a smart view by clicking the Filter button and selecting your view's name under Current View.
The grade center will then display only the users who meet the conditions for the selected smart view (in this example, users who are in Group A).
- You may revert to the original Grade Center view by selecting Full Grade Center.
- The Set as Default button will make your current view appear each time you go to the grade center. This is useful when you want a smart view to appear instead of the full grade center when you click the grade center link from the control panel.