To create a syllabus using the built in syllabus builder, first go the content area or page where you want the syllabus to be placed. Hover the mouse cursor over the Build Content button and select Syllabus from the drop down menu that appears.
- Enter a name for the syllabus (usually the course title) and select Create New Syllabus and click Submit.
- The Name is retained from the previous step, but you may change it if you wish.
- Each Heading is a section title in the syllabus. You may change them as you see fit.
- For each Body, fill out the text box with relevant syllabus information.
- Pick out the design of your syllabus or use the default one.
Select Create specified number of lesson shells and enter the number of lessons in the box for Number of lessons to create. Lesson shells are a way to divide a syllabus into smaller sections. For instance, they can be used to create a class schedule based on how many days of class there are or how many chapters you cover. To opt out of creating lesson shells, select Do not create lesson shells. You can add/edit lessons later.
- Select Yes for Make the content available to let students view this syllabus. You may wish to select No if you are preparing a syllabus in advance and do not want your students to see it just yet.
- Select No for Track number of views if you do not need Blackboard to collect usage data. Otherwise, change the selection to Yes.
- Choose date and time restrictions makes a syllabus appear on the Blackboard course page during a specified time period. Simply check the box(es) that you wish to apply and set their date and time. You still have to select Yes for Make the content available if you wish to use this feature.
Click Submit once you are finished to create the syllabus.
Your syllabus will be created. You can add, edit, or delete lessons. Once done, click OK.