This section explains how to manage the discussion board tool (also known as forums). Forums are asynchronous in nature, which means that students can communicate with each other without having to be in the same place or at the same time.
- Time intervals between messages.
- Participants don't meet at the same time.
- Participants discuss issues for a longer space of time, ranging from days to weeks depending on the complexity of the topic.
- Participants have more time to communicate and develop in-depth answers.
- The discussion is more formal.
- Encouraging active interaction with concepts and topics beyond the classroom.
- Preparing students for classes, tests, and assignments.
- Peer-reviewing student work.
- Sharing information and resources with students.
- Receiving and answering questions.
- Holding debates over complex topics.