This section of the Blackboard for Faculty Tutorial will go over how to create SafeAssignments to check students' work for plagiarism. This way, students can upload assignments that will directly run through the SafeAssign tool, rather than having faculty upload each individual paper through SafeAssign.
Creating a SafeAssignment
- To create a SafeAssignment, go to the Assignments page.
- Under the Create Assessment tab, select SafeAssignment.
- Fill out the criteria for the SafeAssignment. Give the assignment a name, points possible, and set the availability settings. If this submission will be a draft, check the box next to Draft.
- If you would like to post an announcement on your course about the assignment's availability, fill out the form in step 2.
- When you are finished, click Submit. The assignment should appear in the Assignments section of Blackboard as a SafeAssignment.