The Announcements feature in Blackboard will allow the instructor to post important notices regarding the course. The announcements posted will appear in both the students' institution and the course pages. If the student has the appropriate setting enabled, they will also receive an email when announcements are posted.
- To create an announcement, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements and click on the Create Announcement button at the top of the page.
- Provide a subject, and write the main text of your announcement in the Message section, under step one.
- If you would like to set Date and Time Restrictions, check the bubble next to Date Restricted under step 2. Then, set the specific dates and times you'd like your announcement to be displayed to course members.
- Check the box next to Override User Notification Settings if you would like an email to be sent out to all users in your course, whether their settings enable it or not. Note: Users still need to have registered an email with Blackboard to receive the email, even if this is enabled.
- In step 3, you can link the announcement to an area of the course. Click Browse, and select a course page.
- When you have finished, click Submit.
- The announcements will appear on your main announcement page in the order that they were posted, from newest to oldest. However, these can be arranged by hovering your mouse over the name of the announcement, then clicking and dragging to re-order.
- There will also be a banner that says New announcements appear below this line, under which the announcements will appear by default. If you would like to make an announcement appear first (even above new announcements) on a students' page, click and drag the announcement above the banner.