Blackboard for Faculty
Class or Small Group Chat
- Class chat sessions are open to all students and instructors who are enrolled in the course. You can view class chat sessions by going to Control Panel > Course Tools > Collaboration.
- Group chat sessions are only open to the students who are assigned to the group. Instructors will have access to all group chat sessions even if they are not part of the group. See Creating Small Groups for more information. You can view group chat sessions by going to Control Panel > Users and Groups > Groups > group name > Collaboration.
- In small group chat mode, all users (including students) are assigned a moderator status.
- Click Join to enter a discussion session.
- Click Recordings to view notes from a past discussion session.