The Course Menu is the main navigation menu found in the left (usually pinstripe gray) frame that you see each time you go to a course in Blackboard. You can customize the menu in order to better reflect what you are doing in your course. For example, you can create a link to an external website that is critical to your course, create weekly modules, or eliminate menu items that you don't use.
Adding Pages & Links
- To add additional pages or links to the course menu, click on the + button at the top of the menu and select the course content you wish to add.
- Keep in mind that there is limited space on the course menu so it is best to place documents and content within a page.
Rearranging the Course Menu
- You can rearrange the course menu by clicking on the up/down arrow and dragging the box up/down.
Hide, Rename, Delete
- You can hide, rename, or delete objects in the course menu by clicking on the double down arrow to the right.
- Hiding the object will make the link invisible to students and will be indicated on the box by the crossed-out square that appears.
- Deleting the object will remove the page and all content that was on the page. Make sure that you no longer need any of the content since this is not reversible.
- Additional customization of the course menu and site can be found under the Control Panel > Customization menu bar.