The following tutorial will walk you through the basic steps of setting up an ePortfolio on Google Sites. Your instructor will provide more details on the requirements depending on your class and major.
Summary of Essential Steps
Here is a summary of the essential steps that students will need to know to set up the UW’s Google Sites for an ePortfolio as well as links to their tutorial pages. These steps are also listed in the navigation tiles at the top of the page.
- Activate your UW Google Apps.
- Create your Site using the naming convention that your instructor has provided. After your site is created, you can always access it by going to http://gmail.uw.edu and clicking on the link to Sites.
- Share your site with your instructor (designating them as an owner in Google Sites) so they can look over your ePortfolio.
- Create a File Cabinet page to which you can upload and organize your files and learning artifacts; create other pages as needed to showcase your work.
- Create and edit your page by adding learning artifacts including files, presentations, and multimedia.
- Customize your site as needed including adding new pages, changing its design, moving files to other location within your ePortfolio, and integrating it with other Google tools.
Using UW Google Apps
UW Google Apps is a collection of web tools that let users easily collaborate with others on assignments and other tasks. The University of Washington has partnered with Google to provide Google Apps for UW faculty, staff, and students.
UW Google Apps is tied to your UW NETID and is different from a separate Google Account. You can login to UW Google Apps from either (https://gmail.uw.edu) or the Google homepage.