Intro to Clickers
What are Clickers used for?
Clickers are used in classes to facilitate interaction between students and the instructor. For example, instructors might conduct polling and question-and-answer sessions via PowerPoint through the clicker system.
Purchasing a Clicker
If a course you are registered in requires you to purchase a clicker, it will typically be listed under the Required Textbooks section of the registration page as "Response Card", "RF Device" or something similar.
You can purchase a clicker two ways:
Note: the same clicker can be reused for different classes.
First time using clickers in a class? Check out the steps below to register your clicker with the class. Your instructor will specify when to use your clickers in class.
NOTE: These steps are for classes at UW Bothell that explicitly require students to purchase a personal response device (clicker) for a course they are registered in.
Steps for Registering your Clicker
- Enter your first and last name.
- For Other Info, type your UW email address.
- Complete the security entry or "Captcha" and click next.
- Important: On this page, enter the e-mail address that was provided by your instructor. The class registration is tied to this e-mail.
- Click on Display Classes
- Select the class(es) that you are in and add it to the list by clicking Add
- Once finished adding classes, click Next
- Important: You must click Complete Registration to finish registration.
- Once you see the Registration is now complete message, you may close the page or proceed to register your clicker for another class.