How to Apply to the K-8 Elementary Education Program
The ideal candidate for the UW Bothell K-8 Teacher Certification Program must demonstrate:
- Breadth of knowledge, experience, and skills sufficient to teach Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Mathematics, Science, Fitness/Health.
- Commitment to the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of children.
- Commitment to personal intellectual and emotional development.
- Commitment to learn the skills necessary to work with ethnically, culturally, socioeconomically, and gender diverse student populations.
- Flexibility to adapt in varied, complex, and dynamic settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please note: all enrolled matriculated students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity. Students will not be allowed to register for any classes until the UW Bothell Registrar's Office confirms that they have satisfied this requirement. Students born before 01/01/57 are considered to be immune to measles and therefore do NOT need to submit proof of immunity.
Priority Application Due Date
All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the appropriate application due date to receive priority consideration. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Late applications will only be considered if space is available.
- Materials submitted with the application will not be returned.
- All documentation and recommendation forms may be duplicated
Submitting Your Application
In a single large envelope, deliver all the materials to the Student Affairs Office (UW1-160) or send to:
University of Washington Bothell
K-8 Teacher Certification Program
Office of Admissions
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, Washington 98011-8246
Tuition Information and Financial Aid
Visit the Office of Student Affairs for specific information on tuition rates and financial aid.