A distribution list is a list of email addresses. Once set up, you can send a message to everyone on the list simply by sending the message to the list name.
Create the Distribution List
1. Start Outlook
2. Select File > New > Distribution List
3. Give the distribution list a descriptive name in the Name field. This is the name you will use when you are sending a message to the entire list.
Add Names to the List
Use Add New to enter the names yourself, particulary if the names have non-UW email addresses.
1. Click Add New
2. Type the Display name and E-mail address of the member being added then click OK.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to add other members.
5. Click Save & Close when you are finished adding members.
Use Select Members to add members from the Address Book and/or Contacts.
1. Click on Select Members.
2. Select the Address Book you want to search.
3. Double-click a name from the list. It will be appear in the Members box.
3. Click OK when you finish adding members to the list.
4. Click Save & Close to save the distribution list.
Need More Information...
- Contact the IT Helpdesk
- Microsoft Support Page