Add a New Folder in Outlook
- In your Outlook window, click the Folder tab at the top. This will reveal a set of options to choose from. Click the New Folder icon to the far left.
- Upon clicking the New Folder icon, a window will appear prompting you to name and place your new folder.
- Give the folder a practical name and leave the Folder Contains field at "Mail and Post Items". To place the folder, click on a category that already exists in your mail folder. The category you highlight will create a subfolder within that category.
- Click the OK button and your new folder should appear.
- You can move messages into the folders by dragging and dropping them from folder to folder.